The library of the college provides the students and the staff a technology-rich and a vibrant environment. The college complex has a three storeyed library facility with access to more than one lac scholarly books, journals, periodicals , magazines and ebooks on various subjects. It offers OPAC facility and also provides access to various online academic portals. The library has an exclusive faculty reading corner.
There are 25 computers with high speed internet facility, printer and subscription to several e-journals that are intended to meet the expectations of the current internet savvy generation. The college has a fully automated library with air conditioned reading hall, where more than one hundred students can be accommodated.
The College also has a Library Committee with one member from each department to keep the study material updated by ordering latest publications on a variety of subjects.
The college has customized facilities like Braille library for the visually impaired and physically challenged students. The college library has procured many Braille books with the provision of a separate section. With the active collaboration between the Equal Opportunity Cell of the college and the college Library Committee, the computer friendly section for 'Persons with Disability' (PWD) was set up in the Library in 2011-12. It has launched various facilities for the differently-abled students. Book Scanning facility, Screen Reading software is being installed, Digital Audio books (DAISY Format) and E-Books made available to these students. Along with that, voice recorders are kept in the Library with the purpose of issuing to the differently-abled students. Visua lly challenged students are provided with laptops equipped with Braille software. The library has two members trained by the University of Delhi to provide assistance to the PH students and staff in the library.
Library issues library cards to community members wishing to borrow books. Reader’s or borrower’s cards or other identity records are to be shown, if demanded, at the time of entering into the library or whenever asked for in the library. Undergraduate students are issued five (5) reader’s ticket and Postgraduate students are entitled to six (6) reader’s tickets.
The College library also has internet facility, with 28 computers available for users. Internet facility is available for the members, which they can use for accessing e-journals and databases of various websites.
Reading Room: 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Daily Issue/Return: 9.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m.
Renewal/Issue of Duplicate Reader’s Tickets: 3.00 pm. to 5.30 pm (Daily)
While in the library, all persons shall observe all basic and elementary principles of library ethics, obey the rules and procedures of the library and submit to discipline enforced by the University of Delhi.
- Books are issued to the members for fifteen (15) days.
- The overdue charge is Re. 1/- per book per day.
- Library cards or other identity records are to be shown, if demanded, at the time of entering into the library or whenever asked for in the library.
- Undesirable or unauthorized persons shall have no access to the library and if found in the Library, they shall be liable to expulsion from the library by the Librarian/ thePrincipal.
- Conversation, talking, sleeping, smoking, and loitering are not allowed in the library. Use of Mobile Phones is not allowed within the library premises.
- At the time of entering the library, all personal belongings and books not belonging to the College Library and books though borrowed from the library but not meant to bereturned to the library, shall be deposited at the Property Counter/Locker at theentrance to the library.
- Every member of the library shall be responsible for the safe custody of any library book borrowed by him/her for the study in the Library Reading Room or for use at home.
- Students held responsible for loss, damage, defacement or mutilation of books shall be liable to compensate the library in such way as may be determined by the Library Committee.
Each student is required to take a clearance from the library before the university Admit card/Examination Hall Ticket is issued to him/her.